It took me the longest time to get on Myspace, and consequently facebook. I didn't see what all the fuss was about. But once I started hearing about how my friends were finding our old kick it buddies, and grammar schoolmates, etc. I finally gave it a chance. At first it was cool, especially after I started writing. It gave me the opportunity to network and all that good ish. But it's a different story now! Allow me to share with you my new disdain for it.

Let's start with Myspace. THE RED REPORT has a new tricked out myspace page thanks to my partner Jay. I actually use the myspace page to advertise our blog and also to find artist to spotlight.
Keyword: ARTIST. However, the definition seems to have escaped some people, so let me break it down to you. An Artist is someone who is skilled at a some activity. Got it? Great.

Well needless to say, I've been bombarded with a few people who refuse to let up until I spotlight them. I tried to be nice and say they didn't meet the qualifications, basically lied to them, but they kept coming like golddiggers after a basketball player. Now I'm irritated. If you want to be spotlighted here you go! I didn't put this person real name or myspace on blast because I don't want to be that cruel....but I will let him know I posted this mess so he can read the comments and buy a clue. Even if this was just a joke, he needs a life regardless for being so persistent. Without further a do, I present to you the song I titled
A fool.

A fool Audio

Moving on, another thing that irritates me on myspace and facebook are people status updates. WTF? That is not a place to air out your dirty thought or feelings. If I see one more "I'm horny," dumb ass broads fighting over guys, or relationship issues on there I'm likely to lose it. Do you really think putting it up there FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE is helping the relationship or going to get you some snatch? Really?




But the funniest one yet is this dude on myspace giving out his number on his status updates and bulletins BEGGING for females to call him! *dead* Desperate much?

In regards to Facebook, this new layout is the devil. It allows people to see you're online and then unexpectedly chat with you. I don't want to talk to anyone! I get on there to check my messages, or talk to MY FRIENDS, and here comes to random mofo's popping the chat window up trying to have conversation. NOT.ON.DUTY. Status OFFLINE.

People are turning these great, free 99, "keep in touch" forums, into bothersome entities and it's a shame. Here's a clue...people get on there to stay in contact with the friends they already have. If you're getting on there to make friends, outside of networking, then you're probably one of the irritating ones people can't stand.